Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Book Review: The Hitwoman and the Neurotic Witness

Let me tell you about how much I love J. B. Lynn - she's awesome!  Not only does she write immersive, funny as heck stuff, but she's also super nice!

How do I know this?

Well, I don't mean to brag, but I've gotten the chance to chat with her on twitter before.  I have an author crush on her, as well as Stacey Rourke (The Gryphon Series).  I'd like to sit around with these ladies, drink coffee, and have them write stories just for me.  Does that sound creepy?  Too bad.

 


The Neurotic Witness is the 5th book in Lynn's Hitwoman series, although I have read them all this year.  Part of me wishes that I had been aware of this series from the start, but the other part is glad that I didn't have to wait and wait around for each book.  It was hard enough waiting for this one, and now it's over and I'm back to waiting!

Crazy aunts, talking animals and one hunky hitman/police detective fill this book.  Maggie's life is a constant whirlwind, and I swear she never gets to sit down. Who is the mob boss going to demand that she kill next?  Is her niece, Katie ever going to fully recover from the car accident?  Why did her apartment blow up?  Can she really talk to animals?  Most important of all - is Patrick ever going to leave his wife?  I loved every minute of this book.

It took me a day and a half to read this book, and that's only because I've got a puny kiddo and husband on my hands.  I ate this book up like I was dining at an all you can eat sushi place.  If you decide to give the series a try, let Lynn know I sent you.  I need all the brownie points I can get with my author crushes!




1 comment:

  1. I love J.B.'s books! They are terrific! I haven't yet tried Stacey Rourke, but she's going on my TBR pile! Great blog post!! :)

    Julie Moffett

    ReplyDelete