Thursday, December 19, 2013

Book Review: Nearly Departed

You may hate your job, but do you have to clean up the mess that the dead leave behind?



Vicky is not a maid.  While she owns a cleaning business with her brother, the messes that she is contracted to clean up are a bit...bloody.

Keeping Spring Cleaning up and running years after her brother was declared missing in Afghanistan, Vicky has to handle all of the dirty work herself.  Crime clean up is her life, and on top of it all, she can see ghosts.  They tend to bug her at each job she goes to, wanting her to help them in some way.  And when she is contracted to clean a murder-suicide of three college students, their ghosts tell her that this is not how it happened.

If you happen to keep up with my book reviews, you have seen my thoughts on the the Hitwoman Series.  (Spoiler - I love them!)   J.B. Lynn writes wonderful fiction, and I practically begged her for a copy of this book to read and review! 

I can't wait for the next book in this series to come out.  I hope she's working on it now!  I breezed through this book, finding the plot engaging, suspenseful, and yet still hilarious in places.  And who would have thought that among the bloody carpets and ghosts with half a face that romance could start?

Do yourself a favor and buy this as an early Christmas present to yourself!

1 comment: