Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Book Review: The Seven Steps to Closure




This was one of the many free books that I downloaded to my sister-in-law's kindle.  Sadly, many of them sit there, unread, for a long time.  But something drew me to this book, and I am happy that I decided to read it.

Tara turns 30 and learns that her husband is leaving her all at once.  A year later, the news is filled with images of her ex running for political office, and getting engaged...to her cousin.  She is in a constant fog, unable to move on.

Thankfully, Tara has a close-knit group of girl friends who are there to help her through her compulsion to purchase baked goods and be forever miserable.  An article in a magazine about achieving the seven steps to closure from a relationship turns into something that her friends insist that Tara try.

I really enjoyed this book.  I almost felt like I was reading Marian Keyes.  But she's Irish and Donna is Australian, so the book settings are different.  I feel like the main book theme is similar, though.  Females finding their place in the world and the man of their dreams, all at the same time.

If you like a good chick lit, give this book a read.  It's not free anymore, but you can purchase an ebook on Amazon currently for $3.99.  If you need a nook book, though, you're out of luck.  B&N only has the paperback edition of the book for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment