Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baking with Bubby

I try really hard to involve Daven in cooking whenever I can. Some times he gets upset because he wants to help stir and can't because the food is on the stove. This actually happened while I was fixing dinner last night, so I wanted to make sure he could help today.

I had some bananas that were too brown and a large zucchini that I didn't know what to do with. I googled and found something to do with both on allrecipes.com -bread!

I did have to check myself a few times and keep myself in control because we wanted the bread for breakfast and this meant that I hadn't had my first cup of coffee. (take a breath, mommy) Having Daven on the counter means there are a LOT of safety issues and many don't touches!

While I was still prepping things, bub decided that he HAD to eat some of the shredded zucchini. Yuck! There was a moment there that I thought he was going to get sick because he was so disgusted by it!

We were both able to have a good time though. Daven loves to scoop, pour and stir! Neither one of us liked having to wait an hour for the bread to cook.

The zucchini, to me, is really only noticeable by sight and slightly by texture. Banana is definitely the dominant flavor in the bread. Next time I make it I will probably add more cinnamon to the batter. Maybe even some chocolate chips?

While I doubt my husband will actually try it (I forgot or I'm too full are a few of my favorites!) Bub and I have breakfast for the next few days.

We also made biscuits with dinner, although we were too sticky for pictures. He loved pressing the glass into the dough to make the shapes. I let him play with a bit of the dough while the biscuits were in the oven.

Kudos to Adam for not having a meltdown when he came home from work to find Daven up to his elbows and down to his knees in dough. Learning is messy!

What will we be baking tomorrow? Nothing. I'm out of flour!

No comments:

Post a Comment