Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cinnamon Biscuits

I wanted to have a warm breakfast this morning. There are only so many days in a row you can have cereal, or at least for me there is. I almost passed by the biscuits because we don't have any jam or jelly in the house.

Then I remembered a modification I had made before that makes it so you don't need jelly on them. Ah ha!

These biscuits are a simple variation on the original Bisquick kind. I followed the directions on the box (2 1/4 cup Bisquick and 2/3 cup milk). Then I added a tsp of sugar and a few sprinkles of cinnamon into the batter.

I was feeling hungry and semi-lazy so instead of rolling out the dough and cutting out the biscuits, I used the drop method and spooned the batter on to the baking sheet.

Last, (and this is what makes them extra yummy) I spooned cinnamon sugar over the top of the biscuits. I don't have an exact cinnamon to sugar ratio here. I'm sure it's never the exact same when I do it.

Into the oven the go for 9 minutes at 450 degrees. Presto! Toddler-approved breakfast!

* * * * *
5-star breakfast for Momma and toddler Rayborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment