Thursday, May 2, 2013

Easy breadsticks

If you are friends with me on fb, you may have seen me post a link a while back about 2 - ingredient pizza dough. It was a success, and of course I Instagrammed the finish product. Tonight I made it again, only this time for breadsticks instead of pizza. So what do you need to get started?

Self-rising flour
Greek yogurt

The few places I've seen the recipe, most call for equal parts of both yogurt and flour. You'll need extra flour, however, when kneading the dough and rolling it out. One cup each makes a decent size.

After I mixed, kneaded and rolled the dough, I cut it into breadsticks using a pizza cutter. Then I brushed on some olive oil and sprinkled garlic salt and oregano.

Next, I put it in the oven for about 15 min at 400 degrees. I ended up also adding Parmesan cheese to half of the batch towards the end. It gave the more flavor, although they were good either way.

I had some leftover spaghetti sauce that I used to dip and it was delicious. Even though adam only ate a single stick, he swears that he liked them. I think I may have eaten half of the sticks. Oops.







No comments:

Post a Comment