Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 - The Book List

It truly and completely irks me to know that at the time my ongoing list on my phone magically disappeared, I had 84 books read (before counting comics).  And try as I might, even with the books I've completed since then added, I could only unearth 86 total of them that I for sure read in 2012.  Yet, since my goal was to read 75 books during the year, I never-the-less succeeded. I'll add them to the list as I think of any more.

I put these books in the category that I myself deemed most appropriate.  You may disagree, and that's ok.  Unless, of course, you think that Calico Joe should be listed under thriller like it is in the library.  Uh-uh.  To me, unless someone within in the book is in danger, it's not a thriller.  Sorry, Joe.  NOT a thriller.

Here's what I read in the year of 2012.  Did you read anything off my list?  Talk to me about it!


Nonfiction



  • A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future... Twists and Turns and Lessons Learned – Michael J. Fox
  • Running For my Life: One Boy’s Journey from the Killing Fields of Sudan to the Olympic Games – Lopez Lomong
  • Reading Magic – Mem Fox
  • MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend – Rachel Bertsche
  • Guts – Kristen Johnson
  • The Face Behind the Veil – Donna Gehrke-White
  • Blood, Sweat + Tea – Tom Reynolds 
  • Some Assembly Required - Anne Lamott


 
Nonfiction/Humor
 
  • I Know I am but What are You? – Samantha Bee
  • Sh*t my Dad Says - Oscar  Wilde
  • Awkward Family Photos – Mike Bender
  • Sloppy Seconds: The Tucker Max Leftovers – Max Tucker
  • Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling
  • Holidays on Ice – David Sedaris
  • Lets Pretend This Never Happened – Jenny Lawson
     

Historical Fiction



  • The Secret Keeper – Julie Thomas
  • A Good American – Alex George
  • The Lola Quartet – Emily St. John Mandel
  • Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet – Jamie Ford


Fiction

  • Four of a Kind – Valerie Frankel
  • Skipped Parts – Tim Sandlin
  • The Five People you Meet in Heaven – Mitch Albom
  • The Pile of Stuff at the Bottom of the Stairs – Christina Hopkinson
  • Paradise Valley – Robin Carr
  • The Lucky One – Nicholas Sparks
  • Fat Vampire – Adam Rex
  • Calico Joe – John Grisham
  • The Color of Hope – Susan Madison
  • The Brightest Star in the Sky - Marian Keyes 
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J.K Rowling 

 

Janet Evanovich

 She gets her own category since she's my most read author of the year.  I'm so glad that my sister encouraged me to read her books.  They're "who done it" with a load of humor mixed in.
  • One for the Money
  • Two for the Dough
  • Three to get Deadly
  • Four to Score
  • High Five
  • Hot Six
  • Seven Up
  • Hard Eight
  • To the Nines
  • Ten Big Ones
  • Eleven on Top
  • Twelve Sharp
  • Lean Mean Thirteen
  • Fearless Fourteen
  • Finger Lickin’ Fifteen
  • Sizzling Sixteen
  • Smokin’ Seventeen
  • Explosive Eighteen
  • Plum Spookie  
  • Wicked Appetite  
  • Full Blast
 
 
  Thriller/Mystery

  • The Perfect Husband – Lisa Gardner
  • Alone– Lisa Gardner
  • Hide– Lisa Gardner
  • The Neighbor – Lisa Gardner

  • A Bone to Pick– Charlaine Harris
  • Shakespeare’s Landlord– Charlaine Harris
  • Shakespeare’s Champion– Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight– Charlaine Harris
  • The Julius House– Charlaine Harris
  • Three Bedrooms, One Corpse– Charlaine Harris
  • The Sookie Stackhouse Companion – Charlaine Harris

  • The Last Policeman – Ben Winters
  • Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn 
  • Ashes – Iisa J. Bick
  • The Collector – Scott Whittenburg
  • For the Love of Livy – JM Grifin


Smut-tery
  • Bared to You – Sylvia Day
  • Fifty Shades of Grey – E.L. James
  • Fifty Shades Darker – E.L. James
  • Fifty Shades Freed – E.L. James
 

 
Young Adult
  • Blue Bloods – Melissa de la Cruz
  • The Declaration – Gemma Malley
  • The Resistance – Gemma Malley
  • The Legacy – Gemma Malley
  • Legon Awakening – Nicholas Taylor
  • Fairytale – Maggie Shayne
  • Emergency Room – Caroline B. Cooney
     



Comics

  • How to Tell if your cat is plotting to kill you – Matthew Inman
  • The Walking Dead, Book One - Robert Kirkman
  • The Walking Dead, Book Two - Robert Kirkman
  • The Walking Dead, Book Three - Robert Kirkman
  • The Walking Dead, Book Four - Robert Kirkman
  • The Walking Dead, Book Five - Robert Kirkman
  • The Walking Dead, Book Six - Robert Kirkman
  • The Walking Dead, Book Seven - Robert Kirkman




1 comment:

  1. What the hell?! I totally posted on here last freaking week. What about the Sarah Colonna book I let you borrow, My Life as I Blow It? Its another you can add to the non-fiction humor section. Then I know you didnt read the multiple personality one yet but did I give you another to borrow or just two?

    ReplyDelete