Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye, Beautiful

I meant to compose a written tribute to Nora Greene, a fellow Transylvania alumni and exemplary person. But I can't seem to find the words.

How can she be gone? It's been a little over a year since I've seen her, but I know more than anything she wanted to start a family. And now her and her husband will never get that chance. As my tears flow, I think of all of those who were so much closer to her and how much pain they must be in.

I could only find this one picture of us together, probably because most pictures from those days were too inappropriate to post. And through the hurt at losing someone I didn't know nearly as well as I should and didn't keep in close enough contact with, I have to remember to smile at what a wonderful person she was. It wasn't a party without you, Nora.

No comments:

Post a Comment