Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's in a name?

Oh, Romeo and Juliet.  No, this post doesn't have anything to do with Shakespeare.  I can't stand trying to read what that guy wrote.

But it is about names.  Or trying to figure out one name.  Let me explain:

Earlier this afternoon, Daven was taking a bath.  He thinks that it is hilarious to stand up and make a fountain in the tub.

Do you see where this is going yet?

He seemed to be deep in thought, standing up, looking down; sitting down and looking and then standing up again.  After a minute or two of this, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, no peeing coming out of this thing."

That thing.  Yes, he was talking about that thing.  He was holding onto it, confused as to why he couldn't pee.  He didn't understand that it was because he had just gone 5 minutes ago.

I tried not to laugh, but was unable to tell him what to call it.  I'm guessing we should call it by the medical term, right?  I don't want to give it a silly name, but at the same time I don't want him shouting out the P-word everywhere we go either.  Then again, kids do say the darnest things and I'm aware that we will have our fair share of embarrassing moments in front of the public eye.

Do you have any advice or experiences to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment