Friday, January 11, 2013

Book Review: Live to Tell

Lisa Gardner is a fantastic author.  I started reading her books last year.  They're crime fiction - suspenseful, who-done-it's with plenty of drama mixed in.

 The most recent book that I finished is the 4th in her Dective D.D Warren series, Live to Tell.  She is a tough detective who works on little sleep and fantasies about a good meal.


This book is bat shit crazy.  But I mean that in a good way.  I spent the majority of the time I was reading it with my mouth hanging open, trying to wrap my head around what had just happened.

An entire family is found dead.  We meet Danielle, a pediatric nurse who works on the psych ward of the hospital.  Twenty-five years ago, everyone in her house besides her was killed.  Then there's Victoria who has an eight year old son, Evan who appears to be just plain psychotic.  More people are introduced, more bad things happen.  And D.D. has to try to fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

I know there is at least one more book so far in this series and I have already placed a hold for it at the library.  If you're looking for a new author to read, I'd highly recommend Gardner.  And if you do, let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment