Friday, January 11, 2013

Toddler Truths

So far we haven't had to try to explain the differences between boys and girls.  Daven is, however, quick to point out the similarities.

Let me set the scene for you:

Daven had just gotten into the bathtub and was playing with handfuls of bubbles.  I was sitting on the edge of the tub, making casual conversation.  He looks down at his chest, brings his hands up to cover it and then says, "Mom-my!"  "Da-ven!" I replied.  "Look mommy, I got nipples!"

I tried not to laugh.  "Yes, Daven, you have nipples."

"Just like you.  You got nipples, too, mommy!"  I cannot imagine what my face must  have looked like at this moment.  I tried very hard not to make a big deal about it though.

"And does daddy have nipples, too?"

He thought about it for a moment.  "Yeah, daddy has nipples just like mommy, too!"

Yep, just like mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment