Monday, July 22, 2013

Road Trip: Legends of Summer

This morning, my sister and I are going to venture up the road to Chicago to see Justin Timberlake in concert.  This is only the second time in Daven's life that I have been without him overnight and far away enough from him that I couldn't come get him at a moment's notice.  A few years ago, Adam and I went to Chicago to see Coheed and Cambria in concert and stayed overnight.  And as nerve-wracking as it was to be away, it was a really fun time.

Anyone that knows me has probably heard or seen some degree of my anxiety at leaving Daven, with anyone, for any amount of time.  This isn't logically founded - I know in my head that he will be just fine where ever he is.  But I'm always there.  Adam even took off work today so that he could spend the day with Daven before bubby goes to spend the night with Nana while he plays a gig.  I just hope that everything goes well and he doesn't have any "I want my mommy" moments.  Deep breathes

Leah and I are prepared with a cooler bag with drinks and lunch and a bag full of snacks for the road (and to try to smuggle into the stadium tonight.  I will be taking lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment