Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book Review: The Color of Hope

My sister gave this book to me to borrow a read a while ago. She had picked it up at the Dollar Tree and told me it was good. We generally enjoy the same kind of book so I was excited.

I started right away. And then stopped. Then it spent many months as the bathroom book.

Ew, she has books in her bathroom?

Yes, yes I do. Makes me feel more productive if I can read a few pages while nature calls.

The beginning was so depressing though, that I opted for other potty reads and this one sat neglected for a good while. No joke, the book goes from Nicholas-Sparks-sad to classic literatures snore.

After a while I decided that I needed to go ahead and finish it so I could get it back to my sister.

After the halfway point, it does pick up.

The characters in the book consist of a dad, work-obsessed mom, defiant daughter and son. All I will say is at the end, the family is down to three members.

You might think this gives away the ending, but it doesn't! I'll give the author that much - I didn't expect how it was going to end.

I would give this book two and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment