Sunday, June 23, 2013

Book Review: Destine






I was given a copy of this book to read because I agreed to review the second book of the series and wanted to catch the whole story from the beginning.  You can catch my review of that one on July 13!


Have I mentioned yet that I love being able to read books for review?  Because it's awesome.

Anyway.

Destine is a YA book about the impending doom of the apocalypse.  It reminded me of the Buffy series, where the high school principle was trying to basically end the world.  Michelle is a high school senior with a very close best friend.  But because of a boy, their friendship falls apart.  Michelle meets her own guy, Gabrielle, and she soon discovers that he was not always mortal.  He breaks the news to her that she must save the world. (Only YOU can prevent forest fires)

While I was caught a bit off guard by the biblical scriptures quoted at the beginning of each chapter, it really added suspense and depth to the plot.  Since we're talking about the end of the world, a bit of drama is needed.  The four horsemen are coming to high school to end it all!

I enjoyed this book and will immediately be starting the next book in the series.  When I review that book, there will be more information on the author.  Be looking for what happens next!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post and review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm already 100 pages into the next one - I like it even more!

      Delete