Friday, June 14, 2013

Book Review: Vogel House






I'm not really sure that I had an certain expectations going into this book, but I do know that it wasn't what I expected.  Does that make any sense at all?  Although the book is labeled as an adult contemporary, the main characters of the story are teenagers; teenagers doing adult things.  I felt a little weird reading it, not being a teen myself.

Clarise comes from a wealthy family with a spoiled brother and drunk, exorbitant parents.  They live in a mansion called the Vogel House.  The opening of the book depicts Clarise watching her brother and his friend taking drugs and trying to seduce a female friend.  What?  Yeah.  I was unsure of what to think about all of it.

Then there's Keary, the boy who Clarise likes.  He just happens to be the son of her father's arch nemesis.  (Dun-dun-DAH!)  Among all the teenage hormones and bad decision making, things get serious and go seriously wrong.  It's up to this teenage girl to figure out a way to make things right.

Aside from feeling a bit like a creeper while reading the saucier passages in the book, I enjoyed it.  Forrester definitely takes the reader into another world, and it's wild.  It's a bit of modern-day Romeo and Juliet with some catch the bad guy thrown in.  I'm curious to read some of his other books. 



Buy it on Amazon.
Find John on Goodreads.
Connect with John on FB.
Connect with John on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment