Sunday, February 10, 2013

Insanity and a Fat Girl - Week 2

Here goes nothing.

Day 1 (Feb.4) - Cardio & balance: Apparently this week is the recovery week.  Shawn T. says that it's ok if you're tired and need to take more breaks.  Well, thank you, Mr. Shawn.  That's so nice of you.  But really, he isn't the A-hole that I figured he would be.  He tells you to push yourself, but also to know your limits.

I was distracted through this workout because Daven is sick.  I turned the video on while he was resting on the couch.  But his cough was so bad that he couldn't get more than 5 minutes of sleep at a time before his next coughing spell.  I had to pause the video a few times to tend to him.

I was able to do a few reps of plank exercises today, unmodified.  But then, with 3 minutes left on the video, I couldn't do any more.  I don't know what it was exactly, but my stomach was churning and I had to sit down.  Then I had to lay down, my body going from super sweaty to freezing in record time.  Daven was napping at this point, although he was having coughing fits every 5 minutes which had me bolting up to make sure he didn't throw up.

Did I mention that taping my boobs isn't working anymore?  It's like they have a mind of their own and have adjusted to the new restraint.  Now after I tape them down, they almost immediately pop out over the tape.  With the first stretch making me bend down towards the ground, there go the girls.  I'm sorry if this has given you an unwanted visual image.  Just be glad you didn't come into the house while I was in the middle of working out.  My poor father-in-law.  I'm sure he will take extra measures to ensure he never sees it again!

Day 2 (Feb.5) - Max cardio: I had been dreading this workout all day.  Why?  It's an hour long.  Recovery week my rear end!  I want to thank the hubby for making sure that each new disk is burned for me before he leaves for work every morning.  Because his schedule is busier than mine, he is a few days behind.  But he still makes sure I have what I need for each day, and gives me high-fives whenever I need it.

So, the horrible work out.  I got bubby set up watching Fresh Beat Band on my iPad, him laying on the couch with his blankie and sippie full of fresh Sprite.  This video is just a big B. I felt like it was never going to be over.  You always start out with warm-ups, and after I had completed those, I was sweating and out of breath.  And only 5 minutes had elapsed.  The dread that I felt compares to that of the House of Stark on Game of Thrones.   "Winter is coming".

I had to take frequent breaks, because I would start to get dizzy.  I drank at least 20oz of water during the hour.  Shawn T keeps telling you to check your heart rate.  I don't remember how the math goes to figure it out (it's been a while since college Lifetime Fitness) but at one point my heart was beating 4 times per second.  Down more water, try not to fall over.

His full body drill might eventually be the death of me.  It involves doing a bunch of different exercises in the plank position, at a rapid speed.  BUT - last week when this was first introduced I couldn't do any of it.  None.  This time, I was able to do half of the exercises, at half the speed.  Golf clap, anyone?

Notice today's method of boob control - bra, cami, bra.  Yes, ya'll, my boobs are huge.  Go ahead and look if you need to.  I considered smiling for this selfy, but honestly, smiling would be a misrepresentation of how I felt.  We're keepin' it real.

Afterward, I felt sick for about an hour.  But then I was starving.  Momma had a steak, baked potato and spinach salad.  It was nice to be able to eat without feeling nauseous.

Day 3 (Feb.6) - So, it turns out that we were doing the workouts in the wrong order.  Originally Adam said that you just do the 10 workouts and then repeat them.  But this is not the case.  There is a calendar that lists specifically what workout to do for each day of the 2 month time span.  BUT I'm not worried about it, because as long as I keep my ass in gear, that's the main thing.  The good thing is that the one hour workouts aren't until the second month.  The bad thing is that there are one hour workouts.

After today's workout, I had a salad for lunch.  I should say that there is no way this will happen every day.  It consisted on spinach leaves, tuna, shredded cheese and orange poppy seed dressing.  Adding the tuna made it more filling than a normal salad would be. I'm wanting to try to make the ginger dressing recipe I found online that is supposed to mimic the deliciousness at the hibachi grills. 

So i didn't manage to get to my computer every day for the rest of this week.  Sorry for the vagueness.

Day 4 (Feb.7) - It was beautiful outside today and before I even did my video of doom, Daven and I went on a walk.  He started to feel a bit better, apart from the coughing spells.  I managed to get him into the stroller (that he's almost too big for - waaaah!) with a snack.  We went down our street and up the flood wall, towards the Falls.  I don't have a pedometer, so I don't know how far we walked.  But we were gone for a little over half an hour.

I did the video a bit later.  I think it was a cardio one.  They all kind of blend together in a sweat of torture.  On a side note, I think I might have an allergic to the dryer sheets that we have.  Either that, or my own sweat.  After a workout, after I've wiped my face on a towel a considerable amount of times, my face gets all itchy and my eyelids a little puffy.

Day 5 (Feb.8) - I went ahead and got the video out of the way early today.  Adam has a half day on Fridays and I had finished the video by the time he got home from work.  It hurt - a lot - to do the workout when it hadn't been quite a day since the last one, but I wanted to get it out of the way and be done with it. 

Day 6 (Feb.9) - Cardio & Abs:  I've made it.  I've done another week, and tomorrow is the off day.  I'll need that day of rest, too, since I pulled something in my right knee.  It's been irking me this whole time.  But I did all of the warm up and cool down stretches.  Who knows.  I'd like to be able to do jumping jacks without howling in pain and then modifying them by stepping out one leg at a time though. 

We went out to dinner to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday - the big 40!  It was the first time I had been to the Troll Pub Under the Bridge, but I liked it.  I actually had an appetite and ate more than I think I have in the past two weeks.  No, it wasn't good for you food.  But like I said at the beginning of last week's post, I'm not officially dieting anyhow.  One step at a time, ya'll.  But I Instagramed the crap out of that food, so you can drool over it there.

Day 7 (Feb.10) - Rest: I had trouble sleeping last night because my knee hurt so bad.  I think I'm going to have to ice it today and then get a generic knee brace to wear during my workouts.  I woke up to some nasty drainage in my throat and sinuses.  But that could be because of the weather's inability to decide what season to be outside.  No, I'm not getting sick.  I refuse.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

We still don't have a scale, so I don't know my weight loss yet.  But I feel better about myself already.  And I told Adam that my fat rolls are starting to feel less fatty.  I am now a fourth of the way finished with Shawn T's regimen.  BA-BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment