Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fancy Krispies

Today Daven and I embarked on a journey that quite frankly, took too long!  Regular, plain 'ole Rice Krispie treats are a snap (crackle & pop) but Daven wanted to make them Mickey treats like he saw a picture of on Nana's phone.  If you don't already know, my family is Disney crazed.  My parents are actually in Disney World right now.  And at Disney World, you can buy giant, Mickey-shaped, chocolate-dipped Rice Krispie treats.  I can't remember if they come on a stick or not.  But that is what he wanted to make.

Here's what you need for the basic recipe:

3 tbs butter
4 cups mini marshmallows (which amounts to a full 10 oz bag)
6 cups rice cereal

Melt the butter and marshies together, stir in the cereal, scoop out onto a pan or wax paper.  Ta-da!

We not only used our Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, but quite a few others as well.  Oddly enough, this is where Daven lost interest.  This probably had to do with the fact that it was pretty difficult to press the cookie cutters down into the krispie mix.  And since I made two batches of the stuff, there was a lot to do.  I did most of this by myself while Daven watched tv.

When it came time to dip and decorate, Daven was ready to come back and help.  And when I say help, I mean make a mess!  We used milk chocolate and white chocolate.  We also had two different kinds of sprinkles, as well as sweetened shredded coconut.

After a few minutes, Daven just started eating the sprinkles and dumping them from bowl to bowl.  I frantically tried to finish up before he completely covered himself in chocolate.

We did leave a handful of treats plain.  I haven't taste tested yet so who knows if they are any good!  We are taking them with us tonight for Nana, Papaw and Aunt Lauren.

























No comments:

Post a Comment